Thursday, February 23, 2017

What do I do? I fix things....

So,  I have done so many different things, it's almost a joke with staff.  Started working in my dad's tennis shop at 6, singer, advocate, bartender, public speaker, retail manager, state employee, city employee,  non profit founder ... it keeps going.   Guess I get bored .... guess I like a challenge.

So, in reality, I'm a fixer.  It's broken, give it to me,  I will fix it.  I got the most messed up organizations.   Had to clean up the process to keep people from going to jail.   Got the almost bankrupt org and made it flush.

How did I get from a huge real estate portfolio and vendor contracts at the City of Miami Beach to the Miami Beach Chamber?   It was a great opportunity to apply past life experience to a historic organization.  Then why go to Mango's?  Its iconic, it appeals to my love of art and music.   I can apply all I know about permiting, organizations and stop to hear the show on the way out. 

But never letting the grass grow under my feet,  there's the South Beach Jazz Festival, founding member,  hispanic affairs, chamber board and mentoring women .... and fighting for Tourism ..... it's an advocacy ..

I'm not happy unless I get to fix it.  Next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment