Friday, August 31, 2018

She made it look so easy

Wow so many people tell me how do you do it? You make it look so easy? How do you get in front of all those people and just start speaking? It comes easy to you... You're so lucky!

Nothing could be further from the truth. You know it's taken a lifetime of practice and focus and concentration to make it look so easy. Even when things come to you easily at an early age you're still focusing on it to make sure that you perfect it. Whether you know it or not.  It can be deliberate or it can be instinctive.

I was just at an outing getting off of a boat - which to me is treacherous. The only other woman on the boat jumped on to the side and slipped off to the dock. I jumped up to the side of the boat and proceeded to slide down the back of the boat nearly dumping myself into the water. I said "she made it look so easy!" 

Why in the world would I think that I could match this woman who was a skier and a scuba diver by jumping onto the side of the boat and springboarding myself to dock as if I was Olga Korbut or something?

Know your limitations and work to surpass them. I don't believe in fake it till you make it. I think that's stupid. You're only cheating yourself. Your own Integrity. Oh goodness have we forgotten about integrity? My father always said "the only person you ever have to answer to in the morning is the person looking at you in the mirror." When you set the bar High you set the bar High for yourself.

You want to make a change. Maybe you want to be more conscious maybe you want to be more conscientious maybe you want to focus on your physical health, your mental health, your spiritual health, your financial Health. Maybe you want to be a better person  better boss, better partner. Start a new business. Give yourself a personal goal.

Put the work into it and you will achieve success.

Do good, and do good work. Follow me @cecionthebeach

No comments:

Post a Comment